Mental illness, also called mental health disorders, refers to a wide range of mental health conditions — disorders that affect your mood, thinking and behavior. Examples of mental illness include depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, eating disorders and addictive behaviors.
Many people have mental health concerns from time to time. But a mental health concern becomes a mental illness when ongoing signs and symptoms cause frequent stress and affect your ability to function.
A mental illness can make you miserable and can cause problems in your daily life, such as at school or work or in relationships. In most cases, symptoms can be managed with a combination of medications and talk therapy (psychotherapy).
Sometimes symptoms of a mental health disorder appear as physical problems, such as stomach pain, back pain, headaches, or other unexplained aches and pains.
Examples of signs and symptoms include:
- Feeling sad or down
- Confused thinking or reduced ability to concentrate
- Excessive fears or worries, or extreme feelings of guilt
- Extreme mood changes of highs and lows
- Withdrawal from friends and activities
- Significant tiredness, low energy or problems sleeping
- Detachment from reality (delusions), paranoia or hallucinations
- Inability to cope with daily problems or stress
- Trouble understanding and relating to situations and to people
- Problems with alcohol or drug use
- Major changes in eating habits
- Sex drive changes
- Excessive anger, hostility or violence
- Suicidal thinking
We have a prepared and qualified group of crisis specialists or crisis doctors to give clinical help and care to patients requiring prompt consideration. These doctors are knowledgeable in each part of crisis care to do equity to their job and give the best of care on a prompt premise to patients.
The Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation at Mahi Mind Center Hospital is furnished with specialists and types of gear to deal with every weakening condition like Joint and Body Pain, Sports and Gym Injuries, Stroke, Parkinson, Alzheimers, Post Surgery Rehab, Pre and Post Delivery, Weight Reduction, Muscle Strengthening, Body Contouring.